4 years of Snooker, my love

01:35:00 Ramona Dragomir 0 Comments

It was on a Wednesday night, four years ago that I started this blog. I remember knowing barely anything about snooker, but having this ever-growing feeling of making my thoughts about snooker known to the world. My thoughts, about how snooker has changed my life completely and has made me regain confidence in writing.

A lot has happened throughout these four years, the blog changing, as my English skills (that I dare say have improve slightly), but one thing has stayed the same: my passion for snooker, for the horrible kicks that the players have during important shots, for the nail-biting moments that remain in the history book, for the not-so-pleasant times when a player does something wrong, for the moments when they win, for the moments when they lose etc.

Some of you know that I am a woman, which I guess explains why my articles tend to be long and my perception over matches carries too much emotions sometimes. I know that my softness for the game makes the blog a bit girly and that's not everyone's cup of tea, but for those of you who like coffee, I dare you stick around for you might just like it here.

During these four years I have managed to make this blog a second home and place of refugee, when things are rough in the real world and although, I get carried away with my day-job and I don't write as much as I'd like, that doesn't mean I will ever give up this place (tough luck for those who think otherwise!)

This place has become my rock, the place I turn to and you my dear readers are the ones "to blame" for that. It goes without saying that without your comments, constant support and sometimes cold showers this place wouldn't be running today. So ... thank you! Thank you for every second you decided to spend on the blog, reading or criticizing my writing. 

And since today is a day of celebration (yes, am I well aware of the fact that I started a sentence with "and"!) I thought it would be nice to begin it with a brand new logo. I'm no graphic designer, but I do know how to use a crayon (even more then one in this case), so here's the new logo: colourful, crazy, but simple and of course girly! Sue me!

That being said, I would like to raise a glass (of course that I have no glass at this particular moment, but I plan of having a couple in a few hours time) to the best four years of my life! Thank you for making it possible, for being by my side, for the support and above all, for sharing your love for snooker with me.

Here's to the 40th anniversary! (I'd be 66 years old by then and a bit senile, but at least we'll have a blast of talking about how snooker is being played in space - Barry Hearn you better not steal my idea!)

0 comments: